Sunday, May 31, 2009

Ok... Ew.


Ok.. No one warned us about this season of bugs in Colorado. Granted, we've both been here about 5 years, but neither I nor he recalls anything to this extreme before. Locals say this is an unusually  bad season- but dang! I am talking about lovely millers. We called them moths in the south, but I guess this is some different breed called millers. They're not here reproducing (thank goodness), nor making this their home; they are only momentarily passing through. Supposedly, they are 'migrating'. Traveling away from the warm weather towards the mountains. So, because of this- there is no repellent or anything that can be done to rid them!  And you're probably sitting there thinking- "Ok, what's the big deal? Let them migrate..." NO! You must understand, even during the day time, doors cannot stay open long or they venture in. They're not only attracted to the light, but also to the dark. Nothing is more creepy than opening your shed doors and out fly hundreds (seriously) of nasty, brown creatures. Hubs calls it the bat cave- I call it disgusting. Luckily, Sariah gets a kick out of the pests. I can smack them away from the lights or walls her way and she chomps away at them. Perk: I don't have to vacuum or pick up their nasty little remains! So, wish us luck as we continue through this nasty welcome to summer... and feel lucky when you open doors and nothing flies at you! 

0 comments:

Just Dating...

Just Dating...

Engagement Weekend

Engagement Weekend
The night before he proposed in Kansas City, what an AWESOME weekend!

Engagement Picture

Engagement Picture
This is the picture we sent out on our wedding announcements. :)

Another Engagement Picture

Another Engagement Picture
This is actually one of Buck's faves!

Giggles...

Giggles...
This picture makes me all warm and fuzzy inside! And yes, we are in a phone booth! :)

The Day Before Our Wedding!

The Day Before Our Wedding!

Newlyweds!!

Newlyweds!!
I love this picture, because it was the first right after we got married, you can see how happy we were...

Manti Temple

Manti Temple
Here is where we were able to get married. I had my heels off at this point, so our true heights are showing- hill or not; I'm short!

My Wedding Gift to Buck...

My Wedding Gift to Buck...
Our first day married...My horse was ironically named Gator! :) And yes, I know it's disgusting we match... But I love it.

Two Days Married!

Two Days Married!
You can't look at this picture and NOT laugh... can you?

Big Chair!

Big Chair!
Here we are at Bishop's Castle- now THIS is a LoVeSeaT!

AH!!

AH!!
SO excited to be MARRIED!