Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Leave it to me...

... To procrastinate SO stinkin bad that I am making New Year's Resolutions March 10.



I won't even get into how LATE Christmas was to my parents and in-laws... Its a good thing they have to love us unconditionally, right? Well, I guess what matters is that it got to them.. and that I am actually going to start some resolutions I plan on keeping.

So here goes my *almost* 2nd Quarter New Years' Resolution List:
1. Start Running!!



I have ALWAYS admired runners. The only time I ever ran was to keep up with my childhood bestie whose whole family were runners, or to stay in shape for cheer/dance in high school. I ran on and off through college... but nothing ever stuck. I admire the dedication, routine, and tone runners have. So, my goal... is to start running... Little by little..and get to a point that I HAVE to run each day. How awesome would that be?

2. Find a nice balance in housekeeping between my OCD-ness and laziness.
I feel like I clean clean clean till it's perfect and I am worn out... But I've gotten to the point that when it doesn't stay clean with a husband and puppy, and even myself after late nights at work, I just have zero desire to clean. Then things push me over the edge and I pull one of these numbers:



I hate a dirty house, and I micro-organize things (a place for everything and everything in it's place) - I just need a solution/system for maintaining without wearing myself out! Does anyone out there run into this problem/have any suggestions??

3. Spend less. Save more.
Simple... but takes that dedication I was talking about earlier... *sigh* Buck and I have a goal for how much to have saved before we move this summer, then I have to stick to this lovely regime for the next mountain of savings: down payment for a house of our own-- and to pay off my nasty student loans. I just keep having to tell myself it will be worth it when it's done... and it's really not THAT far away.

4. Be a little bit better of a person every day.
I try to live honestly day to day, treat others in the best way possible and do my job to the best of my ability. I know I could do better- and I know how. I need to integrate that little running routine into reading my scriptures daily, too.



5. Blog more!
I can just see hubs shaking his head at this one.. But Maybe it will help. If I have to write on here every other day, and I start writing about my journeys/struggles.. I think it will help keep me accountable for keeping these resolutions! :)

On that note, I want to invite followers! I am here to make bloggy friends, hear their thoughts on what I'm doing and just have a little support group! :) I will do my best to e-mail you back, comment back... whatever! Thanks for visiting!

0 comments:

Just Dating...

Just Dating...

Engagement Weekend

Engagement Weekend
The night before he proposed in Kansas City, what an AWESOME weekend!

Engagement Picture

Engagement Picture
This is the picture we sent out on our wedding announcements. :)

Another Engagement Picture

Another Engagement Picture
This is actually one of Buck's faves!

Giggles...

Giggles...
This picture makes me all warm and fuzzy inside! And yes, we are in a phone booth! :)

The Day Before Our Wedding!

The Day Before Our Wedding!

Newlyweds!!

Newlyweds!!
I love this picture, because it was the first right after we got married, you can see how happy we were...

Manti Temple

Manti Temple
Here is where we were able to get married. I had my heels off at this point, so our true heights are showing- hill or not; I'm short!

My Wedding Gift to Buck...

My Wedding Gift to Buck...
Our first day married...My horse was ironically named Gator! :) And yes, I know it's disgusting we match... But I love it.

Two Days Married!

Two Days Married!
You can't look at this picture and NOT laugh... can you?

Big Chair!

Big Chair!
Here we are at Bishop's Castle- now THIS is a LoVeSeaT!

AH!!

AH!!
SO excited to be MARRIED!