Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Life's Lessons

There's a lot of lessons to be learned in this life.. Some are easy, and learned quickly- and others make take a redo or two.

Sometimes Sariah barks in the backyard, either at the mailman walking by or other neighborhood dogs that are getting rambunctious. As soon as you open the back door to holler at her, she bolts inside and puts herself in her kennel for time out. She KNOWS she's not supposed to be doing it- yet it happens over and over.

I think that is exactly the constant battle of our lives... We constantly do things we know we're not supposed to.. Why? Because maybe it's worth it to sit in time out for 20 minutes and have a little fun barking at people.

Wasn't she just the cutest little puppy? This was at the breeder's.
P.S. It's impossible to stay mad at that face!


I'm not sure, but I definitely can relate to this little pup. She'll bark knowing there's a time out going to happen, and she'll bark when Buck has the shock collar is on, too. Even when a light little jolt is coming her way- she's still gonna do what she's not supposed to do.

My life if FULL of these little lessons, and even if I know something is not right- it takes me a little bit to muster up the courage to actually take a stand. *sigh*

I'm getting a little better- but I think this is going to be a trend for the rest of my life, and how on earth will I teach my children to do the right thing one day? Little by little I suppose, with LOTS of prayers. ;) Until then, I still haven't mustered up the courage to say no to those tempting little cookies for breakfast.

1 comments:

d.a.r. said...

Oh she is SO cute!!

Thanks for fixin' your comments :) Now I don't feel like a jerk...I was freaking out "oh my goodness, she always comments on my blog, she probably thinks I am such a snob because I don't comment back on hers!"

Just Dating...

Just Dating...

Engagement Weekend

Engagement Weekend
The night before he proposed in Kansas City, what an AWESOME weekend!

Engagement Picture

Engagement Picture
This is the picture we sent out on our wedding announcements. :)

Another Engagement Picture

Another Engagement Picture
This is actually one of Buck's faves!

Giggles...

Giggles...
This picture makes me all warm and fuzzy inside! And yes, we are in a phone booth! :)

The Day Before Our Wedding!

The Day Before Our Wedding!

Newlyweds!!

Newlyweds!!
I love this picture, because it was the first right after we got married, you can see how happy we were...

Manti Temple

Manti Temple
Here is where we were able to get married. I had my heels off at this point, so our true heights are showing- hill or not; I'm short!

My Wedding Gift to Buck...

My Wedding Gift to Buck...
Our first day married...My horse was ironically named Gator! :) And yes, I know it's disgusting we match... But I love it.

Two Days Married!

Two Days Married!
You can't look at this picture and NOT laugh... can you?

Big Chair!

Big Chair!
Here we are at Bishop's Castle- now THIS is a LoVeSeaT!

AH!!

AH!!
SO excited to be MARRIED!