Saturday, April 24, 2010

Fill in the Blank Friday- Music Style!

Well! It's Friday! Here is FITBF courtesy of Lauren at The Little Things We Do. So fun! I'm so glad it's Friday... I'm ready for days off, and excited to teach a Financial Preparedness course for the Relief Society Activity tomorrow! Buck gets to babysit for all the women-- haha!!

Here We Go:
1. One song that always takes me back to my youth is American Girl by Tom Petty. My mom basically raised me on classic rock, and I always loved that one... It reminds me of summertime in Florida. Mmm!

2. My first concert ever was the Rolling Stones with my mom. I was 15- and what did I tell you- she's a rocker. My first concert by myself was Incubus; my bestie Allie and I went in OKC and we had a BLAST!

3. If I could create my dream music festival I'd want these bands/singers to be there: Carrie Underwood, Darius Rucker (Buck and I saw him last October--- AMAZING!!), Colbie Calliat, Creed, Weezer, The Fray, Eagles and good ol' Garth. I think I'd be in music heaven.

4. The best make-out/"boot knocking" song ever is "Pretty Fly for a White Guy" - the Offspring.. Haha. Kidding. I just can't think of a good one-I'm not a music in the bedroom kind of girl, but Buck tends to sing it over and over randomly. Gotta love him.

5. The best concert I've ever been to was a tie between Dave Matthews at Red Rocks, or Darius Rucker at the State Fair Grounds. Such a tie because seeing Dave perform in a place like Red Rocks was breathtaking. Such talent! The Darius concert was amazing, because my entire life I have loved Hootie since they came out (their drummer was from my hometown, came to my music class and signed my levi's cutoff shorts) and Buck and I went to see Darius for a very memorable occasion last year.

6. A memorable musical moment for me was seeing the Eagles in an outdoor concert in New Mexico with my entire family. It was their 'Farewell Tour 2004' and my siblings and I were at the point we could just chill, hang out and enjoy it together... Everybody drove from whereever they were and we enjoyed a very fun weekend together. (Disclaimer: This is a third place memorable moment, first being the Darius concert ;) )


7. The song on my iPod that's getting the most play these days is "Rain" by Creed. They started playing it on the satellite at work and I am in LOVE! Best song out in awhile. Second place goes to Carry Out by JT. He has a way of pumping you up with silly lyrics.

That's it for now!! Happy Weekend!!!!

1 comments:

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

When my hubby calls it is American Girl!!! Awww that made me smile reading this!

Just Dating...

Just Dating...

Engagement Weekend

Engagement Weekend
The night before he proposed in Kansas City, what an AWESOME weekend!

Engagement Picture

Engagement Picture
This is the picture we sent out on our wedding announcements. :)

Another Engagement Picture

Another Engagement Picture
This is actually one of Buck's faves!

Giggles...

Giggles...
This picture makes me all warm and fuzzy inside! And yes, we are in a phone booth! :)

The Day Before Our Wedding!

The Day Before Our Wedding!

Newlyweds!!

Newlyweds!!
I love this picture, because it was the first right after we got married, you can see how happy we were...

Manti Temple

Manti Temple
Here is where we were able to get married. I had my heels off at this point, so our true heights are showing- hill or not; I'm short!

My Wedding Gift to Buck...

My Wedding Gift to Buck...
Our first day married...My horse was ironically named Gator! :) And yes, I know it's disgusting we match... But I love it.

Two Days Married!

Two Days Married!
You can't look at this picture and NOT laugh... can you?

Big Chair!

Big Chair!
Here we are at Bishop's Castle- now THIS is a LoVeSeaT!

AH!!

AH!!
SO excited to be MARRIED!