Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Mayhem Monday Anyone?

It's totally been one of those Mondays.

It wasn't a bad day, just a long one- but not long enough. You know what I mean?

Mondays are typically long for me, but this morning I was at work an hour earlier than usual- 7 am. I had planned on leaving around 4, latest 5. However, one of the fallbacks of working in my field is if someone calls off- you as the manager have to cover it. It happens.

So, I ended up staying till close- which is 9PM, and we didn't get out till 10. I really don't mind, and my job is so high energy and paced that I wasn't (and still am not) tired-- I guess the mayhem part of today is just that although I got a TON done at the store today, and I feel good about it, there is just so much more I wish I could do.

I'm the type of person that hates to leave a project unfinished, but the thing about this job is that there is always more to do. I love visual merchandising, but it changes on a weekly basis- so because of that, I have to learn that today is only Monday. Tuesday will get another section of the revamp done, and Wednesday and Thursday and Friday will, too. It's hard to be Type-A and just walk away. But if I didn't, I'd stay at that store 24-48 hours until it was completely visually redone. I'm sick, I know.

So after a day like that- all I want is a little bit of this:
(please excuse the blurriness- I was laughing, but it was the perfect moment last night!)



So, I'm off to repeat that moment! :)
Here's to wishing you all many moments just like that!

2 comments:

katie + bret said...

Man I love moments like that! Thanks for sending good moment wishes my way - I hope I get one!! :)

Have a great day love!

Blake said...

Very cute!!!

Just Dating...

Just Dating...

Engagement Weekend

Engagement Weekend
The night before he proposed in Kansas City, what an AWESOME weekend!

Engagement Picture

Engagement Picture
This is the picture we sent out on our wedding announcements. :)

Another Engagement Picture

Another Engagement Picture
This is actually one of Buck's faves!

Giggles...

Giggles...
This picture makes me all warm and fuzzy inside! And yes, we are in a phone booth! :)

The Day Before Our Wedding!

The Day Before Our Wedding!

Newlyweds!!

Newlyweds!!
I love this picture, because it was the first right after we got married, you can see how happy we were...

Manti Temple

Manti Temple
Here is where we were able to get married. I had my heels off at this point, so our true heights are showing- hill or not; I'm short!

My Wedding Gift to Buck...

My Wedding Gift to Buck...
Our first day married...My horse was ironically named Gator! :) And yes, I know it's disgusting we match... But I love it.

Two Days Married!

Two Days Married!
You can't look at this picture and NOT laugh... can you?

Big Chair!

Big Chair!
Here we are at Bishop's Castle- now THIS is a LoVeSeaT!

AH!!

AH!!
SO excited to be MARRIED!