Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Mayhem Monday

It was yet another eventful Monday. I've decided that it is just something I should expect come Monday mornings. I never dread them, I actually really like Mondays, but they are always bound to be chaotic.

Last Monday, we started the day EARLY--- like at work, ready to go at 7am. *yawn!* Leader meeting at 8-8:30, cut short so we could get out on the floor. 8:30 we start the to-do list, and the countdown is on- 2.5 hours to go! We changed out 2 walls merchandising, finished the department tracker and deep cleaned the counter area. 10am gates open,and 11 am- in walks Linda, our district manager with 2 other MTs.

This lady is amazing. She's been with the company for 23+ years, and started as part-time sales in college (like me!). She has 8 states of stores she is over, and the woman travels more than anyone I've ever known. And she is ENERGETIC. Like, ramped up caffeine intake energetic. She never stops moving fast, thinking, multi-tasking, teaching and coaching. For the 6 hours she was in our store, your mind is just opened! You look at things in a new light, and learn ways to make your job easier.

But by the end of the day- you are tired! And when it's time to go home after she leaves, you are sooo ready. However, this was not the case this week. Our assistant/closer had a toothache/pull/infection thing going on-- so that leaves myself and Krista to do an open to close. Boy, I was wiped by the time 9pm came around.

This Monday, started at 8 am for the leader meeting, and chugged right into pulls for 9-2. (Pulls are basically the worlds biggest scavenger hunt you can play every week as an adult ;) and get paid!) From 3-5 I taught our assistant the ins and outs of forecasting, scheduling and payroll. Then stuck around to begin new hire training till 6, and went home. Much better Monday, although still chaotic!

Happy beginning to the week! :)

0 comments:

Just Dating...

Just Dating...

Engagement Weekend

Engagement Weekend
The night before he proposed in Kansas City, what an AWESOME weekend!

Engagement Picture

Engagement Picture
This is the picture we sent out on our wedding announcements. :)

Another Engagement Picture

Another Engagement Picture
This is actually one of Buck's faves!

Giggles...

Giggles...
This picture makes me all warm and fuzzy inside! And yes, we are in a phone booth! :)

The Day Before Our Wedding!

The Day Before Our Wedding!

Newlyweds!!

Newlyweds!!
I love this picture, because it was the first right after we got married, you can see how happy we were...

Manti Temple

Manti Temple
Here is where we were able to get married. I had my heels off at this point, so our true heights are showing- hill or not; I'm short!

My Wedding Gift to Buck...

My Wedding Gift to Buck...
Our first day married...My horse was ironically named Gator! :) And yes, I know it's disgusting we match... But I love it.

Two Days Married!

Two Days Married!
You can't look at this picture and NOT laugh... can you?

Big Chair!

Big Chair!
Here we are at Bishop's Castle- now THIS is a LoVeSeaT!

AH!!

AH!!
SO excited to be MARRIED!