Friday, May 7, 2010

Fill in the Blank Friday

It's Fill in the Blank Friday again over at The Little Things We Do ... and this week, it's themed around books. Fun!!
If you're popping over from the Blog Hop, please say hello-follow if you like. I love new friends!!

1. My favorite book growing up was anything I could get my hands on! I was quite the reader, and would read anything and everything in the school library. At one point, my parents had to take away my bedside lamp because I was staying up reading all night.. in elementary school. Lol.

2. The funniest book I've ever read was probably "Watermelon" by Marian Keyes. It is noted as one of the first chick-lit books, and was actually phenomenal. It is rather long, but so hard to put down. I don't generally read funny books, so feel free to send me some recommendations!

3. The one book that has truly changed my life is Obvious answer: The Bible and Book of Mormon.. BUT....as far as novels go, "Who Moved My Cheese?" by Dr Spencer Johnson. It gives a refreshing outlook on how natural man adapts to change, and how to roll with the flow in the healthiest way. There is a sequel, if you will, "Fish" which is also good. And in the same category, I would also recommend "The One-Minute Manager", "Retail Magic" and "Monday Morning Leadership". Super quick 1 hour reads, and they will change the way you live, work and function.

4. If you're looking for a real "tear jerker" you should probably read "P.S. I Love You." I know it was late made into a movie, but I read the book a couple years before- cried during the book and bawled during the movie. So.Good.

5. If I could meet any author living or dead I would want to meet Nicholas Sparks. I'm so interested to see what kind of man he is that can come up with pure romance, and to ask him if he can give my husband a few pointers ;)

6. The next book on my "to read" list is "An Inconvenient Wife", Megan Chance (recommended by D.A.R.), "Twenties Girl" by Sophie Kinsella and "The Carrie Diaries" by Candace Bushnell (recommended by Sierra). I'll let ya'll know how they are!

7. If I was snowed into remote cabin in the woods and could only choose three books to bring with me I'd bring my scriptures... and if you guys have any other reads you can read over and over, please let me know! I have a tendancy to only read something once. ha!

Happy Friday Beautiful Ladies!! :)

3 comments:

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I am loving the recommendations!! So helpful!

star said...

I think I will read P.S. I Love You next! Please do let us know how good the Carrie Diaries is! I love SATC but I'm not too sure about this book. I can read the Twilight Saga over and over again! I have read them about 5 times!

OceanDreams said...

Nicholas Sparks in amazing and so is P.S. I love you! Such a good but sad book and movie!

Just Dating...

Just Dating...

Engagement Weekend

Engagement Weekend
The night before he proposed in Kansas City, what an AWESOME weekend!

Engagement Picture

Engagement Picture
This is the picture we sent out on our wedding announcements. :)

Another Engagement Picture

Another Engagement Picture
This is actually one of Buck's faves!

Giggles...

Giggles...
This picture makes me all warm and fuzzy inside! And yes, we are in a phone booth! :)

The Day Before Our Wedding!

The Day Before Our Wedding!

Newlyweds!!

Newlyweds!!
I love this picture, because it was the first right after we got married, you can see how happy we were...

Manti Temple

Manti Temple
Here is where we were able to get married. I had my heels off at this point, so our true heights are showing- hill or not; I'm short!

My Wedding Gift to Buck...

My Wedding Gift to Buck...
Our first day married...My horse was ironically named Gator! :) And yes, I know it's disgusting we match... But I love it.

Two Days Married!

Two Days Married!
You can't look at this picture and NOT laugh... can you?

Big Chair!

Big Chair!
Here we are at Bishop's Castle- now THIS is a LoVeSeaT!

AH!!

AH!!
SO excited to be MARRIED!