Sunday, May 9, 2010

Getting to Know You Sunday

GTKY Sunday came a day early today... but I didn't really have the time to post yesterday! Here I am... scrunched for time, but tonight I promise I will post and let ya'll know what is going to be going on the next week (Eee!)

So here they are, courtesy of Keely @ MannLand5 ! Enjoy!

1. What has been your most memorable Mother's Day? (with your mom, as a mom, or with your wife)

Hmm.. I don't really have one. But funny story. Our wedding anniversary is May 10th, and last year that fell on a Sunday, which happened to be Mother's Day. We try not to do anything on Sunday, to keep the Sabbath Holy... so it had to be planned out by Saturday. Buck goes and gets a card for me... and it is the PERFECT card, word for word about how he feels about me and the life he sees in us.. (written by Hallmark lol- but still perfect!), well the last line reads "Happy Mother's Day." And I was like, "EXCUSE ME??? What the... Where do you get off..." and he says "well, it was perfect till that line.. and I didn't really feel like fighting through the lines in the card aisle for another- I just grabbed this one off the end." Immediate reaction: Grr!! Now I find it funny, but it was definitely memorable--- especially for our 1st anniversary!

2. Have you ever been pulled over for speeding and were you able to talk your way out of it?
Yes, and no I can't talk nor cry my way out... I had to learn to stop speeding. Ticket free 3+ years!! YAY!

3. What's the oldest thing you have hanging in your closet?
I would say a pretty pink, floral skirt from like 2001. Ah! I didn't realize it was that old, but I still wear it to church sometimes, and still get compliments... hmm!

4. Do you whiten your teeth?
Yes, I do... I always have whitening strips on hand.. and daily use a whitening toothpaste. Love!

5. Underwear or Panties..What do you call your "unmentionables"?
A combo of both! Undies ;)

6. If you could go on vacation right now..today..where would you go?
Brazil.. it's totally on my mind.

7. Do you get offended when people cuss on their blogs?
No.. but I will tend not to read them if it's f-this or b-her and blah blah blah I come to the blog world to be uplifted not trash-talked to..

8. If you had to give up one luxury item, it would be....?
mmm. Chocolate. It will be the death of me. Maybe I should give it up...
...
...
Nah, I'm good.

I hope you all are enjoying your fabulous Mother's Days!

4 comments:

Neely said...

I agree with number 7. I may throw in an occasional bad word but I try to stay positive. I hope you had a fab weekend. I just love your blog :)

star said...

I love chocolate too! My fave is Ferrero Rocher!

I left you something on my blog lady!
http://starspinkworld.blogspot.com/2010/05/blog-awards.html

Iva said...

"unmentionables" hahah so funny! Happy Monday :)

OceanDreams said...

Ha ha, I call mine undies too! What a sweet girl, she reminded me that i need to whiten my teeth too!

Just Dating...

Just Dating...

Engagement Weekend

Engagement Weekend
The night before he proposed in Kansas City, what an AWESOME weekend!

Engagement Picture

Engagement Picture
This is the picture we sent out on our wedding announcements. :)

Another Engagement Picture

Another Engagement Picture
This is actually one of Buck's faves!

Giggles...

Giggles...
This picture makes me all warm and fuzzy inside! And yes, we are in a phone booth! :)

The Day Before Our Wedding!

The Day Before Our Wedding!

Newlyweds!!

Newlyweds!!
I love this picture, because it was the first right after we got married, you can see how happy we were...

Manti Temple

Manti Temple
Here is where we were able to get married. I had my heels off at this point, so our true heights are showing- hill or not; I'm short!

My Wedding Gift to Buck...

My Wedding Gift to Buck...
Our first day married...My horse was ironically named Gator! :) And yes, I know it's disgusting we match... But I love it.

Two Days Married!

Two Days Married!
You can't look at this picture and NOT laugh... can you?

Big Chair!

Big Chair!
Here we are at Bishop's Castle- now THIS is a LoVeSeaT!

AH!!

AH!!
SO excited to be MARRIED!