Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Thursday is almost over! I almost missed today's theme.. but Short and Sweet here it is:

It was interesting, today.. It seems I had a lot to look back on and reflect on. Did you know that today was National Prayer Day? I didn't until about 8 pm, when a lot of news updates started coming through my phone. As you can imagine, there are quite the debates arising country-wide that a government sponsored holiday like today is a contradiction of the separation of church and state. It kills me that people can't take it for what it is- if you have a religious belief that involves a god, and you pray- they pray. If you don't, then don't pray- continue living your life the way you usually do. Pretty simple, right? *sigh*

I'm thankful that we live in a mostly Christian believing country (I'm trying to include everyone that believes in a Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ the Son and salvation through Him alone.) I'm thankful that we can all have our own individual beliefs, and stand behind them -- praying or not.

I'm thankful for those in my life. Thankful for Christian friends who pray for me, and I for them- even when it's not National Prayer Day. I'm thankful for my coworker's dad, who visits us every week. 'Dad' reminds me of my own dad, my own grandpa and the kind of hugs you can only get from those kinds of big hearted men. He comes in to make us smile, often brings chocolate from the local mall candy store (yum) and gives the best hugs when he comes in and when he leaves. What a precious man. I cannot wait to see Buck hug our little ones like that, and I'm thankful I'm going to have the opportunity to see it.

Have a wonderful Friday lovely ladies!

1 comments:

Amber said...

What great things to be thankful for. :) Hope you're having a great Friday!

Just Dating...

Just Dating...

Engagement Weekend

Engagement Weekend
The night before he proposed in Kansas City, what an AWESOME weekend!

Engagement Picture

Engagement Picture
This is the picture we sent out on our wedding announcements. :)

Another Engagement Picture

Another Engagement Picture
This is actually one of Buck's faves!

Giggles...

Giggles...
This picture makes me all warm and fuzzy inside! And yes, we are in a phone booth! :)

The Day Before Our Wedding!

The Day Before Our Wedding!

Newlyweds!!

Newlyweds!!
I love this picture, because it was the first right after we got married, you can see how happy we were...

Manti Temple

Manti Temple
Here is where we were able to get married. I had my heels off at this point, so our true heights are showing- hill or not; I'm short!

My Wedding Gift to Buck...

My Wedding Gift to Buck...
Our first day married...My horse was ironically named Gator! :) And yes, I know it's disgusting we match... But I love it.

Two Days Married!

Two Days Married!
You can't look at this picture and NOT laugh... can you?

Big Chair!

Big Chair!
Here we are at Bishop's Castle- now THIS is a LoVeSeaT!

AH!!

AH!!
SO excited to be MARRIED!