Saturday, August 21, 2010

Back to School Season

Has anyone noticed we're in full swing of back to school? It seems like the summer FLEW by.. and it's so evident that it's at a close and schools are starting up next week.

I know I'm hyper-sensitive because I work retail, but there's always been one thing I don't understand. It's the explosion of spending families do for this occasion. My mom was a teacher, and the only type of 'bts' shopping I got was for school supplies. My parents were more likely to buy me tennies before the start of a sports season, tons of clothes at Christmas and after (hitting up the sales), and then on my birthday when I got older and said that's what I wanted my present to be. So I never experienced the go spend a day shopping; buy 5-6 pairs of jeans, 10-15 shirts/sweaters/layering pieces, 2-3 pairs of shoes, etc.

Did you ever get to do back to school shopping like this?
Are you going to do back to school shopping like this with your kids one day?

Just a thought as I go get ready for another BTS Saturday! Hope you all enjoy your Saturdays!

3 comments:

star said...

My parents gave me money, and I went shopping with friends or my cousins. I will definetely go back to school shopping with my kids, I need to approve thier clothes! I know I bought stuff my parents did not like, and I will not be as nice as them!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I cannot believe summer is over. Depressing.

Blake said...

Back to school was the ONE time my family spent money on us kids (besides christmas!)
We got the clothes we needed for the school year and all the school stuff too!
I loved the tradition, and i think i'll continue with Ryan and baby 2 :)

Just Dating...

Just Dating...

Engagement Weekend

Engagement Weekend
The night before he proposed in Kansas City, what an AWESOME weekend!

Engagement Picture

Engagement Picture
This is the picture we sent out on our wedding announcements. :)

Another Engagement Picture

Another Engagement Picture
This is actually one of Buck's faves!

Giggles...

Giggles...
This picture makes me all warm and fuzzy inside! And yes, we are in a phone booth! :)

The Day Before Our Wedding!

The Day Before Our Wedding!

Newlyweds!!

Newlyweds!!
I love this picture, because it was the first right after we got married, you can see how happy we were...

Manti Temple

Manti Temple
Here is where we were able to get married. I had my heels off at this point, so our true heights are showing- hill or not; I'm short!

My Wedding Gift to Buck...

My Wedding Gift to Buck...
Our first day married...My horse was ironically named Gator! :) And yes, I know it's disgusting we match... But I love it.

Two Days Married!

Two Days Married!
You can't look at this picture and NOT laugh... can you?

Big Chair!

Big Chair!
Here we are at Bishop's Castle- now THIS is a LoVeSeaT!

AH!!

AH!!
SO excited to be MARRIED!