Sunday, August 22, 2010

On a Night Like This...

Buck's on the oh-so-fun night rotation right now in the ICU. Meaning, he's worked 7PM to 7AM last Friday, Saturday, Today, Tomorrow.

I hate these stretches. I work enough as it is, but it SUCKS to see your husband in passing as you're either coming home from work or as your leaving for work. I much more hate going to bed and he's not there.
(Much respect for you military wives; I do believe I'm too much of a baby to be able to survive a deployment. I struggle with 4-5 days of only seeing him in passing!!)

I'm so much a creature of habit, and although I rarely beat him when turning in for the night, it's awful reassuring to get into bed and feel a body somewhere over there. So, hence, tonight I've procrastinated going to bed.

However, 15 to midnight it is and everything; once I turned off the tv and lights, this is what I found:

Just what I needed to lull myself to sleep on a night my mind won't turn off.

What a comfort. Gee, if I had just been quiet for a bit and not been procrastinating I would have had a nice surprise. Someone must be looking out for me.
Do you ever catch yourself kicking yourself for putting something off? Am I ever going to learn not to procrastinate??

*sigh*

The clock is about to turn Monday! Off to bed with me; I do have to rest before work tomorrow!! Happy Monday to all of you!!

0 comments:

Just Dating...

Just Dating...

Engagement Weekend

Engagement Weekend
The night before he proposed in Kansas City, what an AWESOME weekend!

Engagement Picture

Engagement Picture
This is the picture we sent out on our wedding announcements. :)

Another Engagement Picture

Another Engagement Picture
This is actually one of Buck's faves!

Giggles...

Giggles...
This picture makes me all warm and fuzzy inside! And yes, we are in a phone booth! :)

The Day Before Our Wedding!

The Day Before Our Wedding!

Newlyweds!!

Newlyweds!!
I love this picture, because it was the first right after we got married, you can see how happy we were...

Manti Temple

Manti Temple
Here is where we were able to get married. I had my heels off at this point, so our true heights are showing- hill or not; I'm short!

My Wedding Gift to Buck...

My Wedding Gift to Buck...
Our first day married...My horse was ironically named Gator! :) And yes, I know it's disgusting we match... But I love it.

Two Days Married!

Two Days Married!
You can't look at this picture and NOT laugh... can you?

Big Chair!

Big Chair!
Here we are at Bishop's Castle- now THIS is a LoVeSeaT!

AH!!

AH!!
SO excited to be MARRIED!