Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Some Days..

There's some days I really just want to post and let my heart out. I always hesitate because I want this to be a positive place, and one where I look for the good in everything; a place where I can feel good and record those good thoughts/memories so I don't have to remember the bad.

But the bad happens to all of us. It's natural.

Husbands and wives fight. It's okay to write about (some of) it.

We can go quite a long time between fights as a couple.. this is definitely an improvement from when we first got married we pushed each other's buttons so bad we had an argument seems like almost every week. Now, maybe once a month is good.

It tears me up inside when we fight.. mainly because fighting is emotionally draining, and it makes me think up every possible thing I'm unhappy about- things I've held in and kept to myself. (Does this sound familiar?)

Icing on the cake always ends up that of course, Buck can never say the right things. He's just not the kind of guy that can or would read a woman and pick up that something is wrong. He's not the type of guy to say I'm sorry (unless you tell him you need an apology), or the kind of guy to come home with flowers 'just because' or for any particular occasion.

I love him, try to love his faults- but sometimes it's tough.

And that's okay.

1 comments:

d.a.r. said...

Oh gosh, Z always sticks his giant feet in his mouth when we are disagreeing about something. But, I know he means well and is trying. We both have a LOT of faults and are still trying to figure out how to deal with them!

Hugs to you both.

Just Dating...

Just Dating...

Engagement Weekend

Engagement Weekend
The night before he proposed in Kansas City, what an AWESOME weekend!

Engagement Picture

Engagement Picture
This is the picture we sent out on our wedding announcements. :)

Another Engagement Picture

Another Engagement Picture
This is actually one of Buck's faves!

Giggles...

Giggles...
This picture makes me all warm and fuzzy inside! And yes, we are in a phone booth! :)

The Day Before Our Wedding!

The Day Before Our Wedding!

Newlyweds!!

Newlyweds!!
I love this picture, because it was the first right after we got married, you can see how happy we were...

Manti Temple

Manti Temple
Here is where we were able to get married. I had my heels off at this point, so our true heights are showing- hill or not; I'm short!

My Wedding Gift to Buck...

My Wedding Gift to Buck...
Our first day married...My horse was ironically named Gator! :) And yes, I know it's disgusting we match... But I love it.

Two Days Married!

Two Days Married!
You can't look at this picture and NOT laugh... can you?

Big Chair!

Big Chair!
Here we are at Bishop's Castle- now THIS is a LoVeSeaT!

AH!!

AH!!
SO excited to be MARRIED!