Saturday, October 30, 2010

An EASY Post!

So, because I am a dirty cheater... I'm reposting.

***dun dun dun***

The sweetest blog friend of mine, Kassie had graciously asked me to guest post when she was luckily world traveling...

I posted on my blog that I was guest posting, but because I am a dirty cheater- I'm going to use that post to fill a day's post here. Haha.

It made for interesting reading- so I hope you enjoy- if you haven't already read it. :)

"It didn't hit me till last night- almost too late- what might be interesting enough. Maybe this move and the last three months without my weekly escapades with girlfriends and healthy dosages of girl time has made me more sensitive, but that's okay. It makes for interesting thoughts, and maybe interesting reading.

I was out with a group of wonderful women a few Friday nights ago- all new friends, all super friendly and just the type with which you want to surround yourself. It kind of made me laugh as I thought back on the night; but when you asked someone's name you got something like “Oh that's Andrea- she's the Commander's wife.” Or mine was “This is Ashton. She's the manager of ______” (I don't reveal that on my blog, so I can't reveal it on here either- sorry!)

I love how these introductions always accompany a life summary. They happen in everyday life, and it's just how we associate things as a culture- like me going places of Buck's and I'm introduced as 'his wife' but my life is shadowed under his-- and same for him, people from my side of life know basics about him, but overall, he's 'Ashton's husband- the nurse.” It's just part of life, society and perspective- but it makes me smile none-the-less.

Back to girl's night... After all these fun intros, I started to notice an old southern feel to the group. It was easy to label each person in attendance: The Queen Bee (the one who knew everything about anything and made sure everyone was greeted, content in life and overall on her radar), the Social Butterfly (the one who coordinated the whole outing, had to bounce around to everyone in attendance and ensured the night was a success), the Fashionista (what she's known for thanks to her introduction), the Momma Bear (so grateful to be out and away from her babies for an evening- but they're all she can think/talk about) and the Independent ones (who are thriving while their husbands are deployed). The list can continue, but I'm sure you get the idea.

It makes me chuckle, that the almost movie-scripted makeup of characters is truly reality.. Each get together is a dynamic grouping of women, and I'm not sure any group could be successful without every single one of the roles.

It's just a fun thought- do any of you see the same dynamics in your group of girlfriends, or have I totally gone off the deep-end?

If it's the latter, I'll blame pregnancy hormones."

0 comments:

Just Dating...

Just Dating...

Engagement Weekend

Engagement Weekend
The night before he proposed in Kansas City, what an AWESOME weekend!

Engagement Picture

Engagement Picture
This is the picture we sent out on our wedding announcements. :)

Another Engagement Picture

Another Engagement Picture
This is actually one of Buck's faves!

Giggles...

Giggles...
This picture makes me all warm and fuzzy inside! And yes, we are in a phone booth! :)

The Day Before Our Wedding!

The Day Before Our Wedding!

Newlyweds!!

Newlyweds!!
I love this picture, because it was the first right after we got married, you can see how happy we were...

Manti Temple

Manti Temple
Here is where we were able to get married. I had my heels off at this point, so our true heights are showing- hill or not; I'm short!

My Wedding Gift to Buck...

My Wedding Gift to Buck...
Our first day married...My horse was ironically named Gator! :) And yes, I know it's disgusting we match... But I love it.

Two Days Married!

Two Days Married!
You can't look at this picture and NOT laugh... can you?

Big Chair!

Big Chair!
Here we are at Bishop's Castle- now THIS is a LoVeSeaT!

AH!!

AH!!
SO excited to be MARRIED!