Wednesday, October 6, 2010

For Future Reference

When any of you get pregnant.. (or if you've already been pregnant, you'll remember).. Between 24-28 weeks you have to take the oh so fun gestational diabetes screening test. I approached today- like hey, no big deal!

I went to my monthly checkup (baby and I are right on track, she's measuring 24cm which means we're right on track for being 24 weeks along!) and then down to the lab for the test.

Wait. Wait. Wait. ----My turn!---- and they hand me a drink that looks like a child-size orange soda. Time limits start- 5 minutes to drink, 1 hour to wait and then bloodwork.

In the hour, I was told I could wander the building but not leave the premises. So, I'll wander around and look as senile as everyone else in the building. Eh, whatever-who cares? I'll go pay some bills!

20 minutes later, I'm back in the waiting room, rearranging chairs to put my feet up. Head throbbing, stomach turning. 40 minutes to go... Seriously!?!

Ugh. Because of the necessary fast, lack of substance in your stomach and lack of water flowing through your systems- you're left feeling like you just want to curl up into a little ball and go to sleep.

:( Pitiful ol me...The technicians just kept giving me a nodding smile, like "You poor thing." Just the looks I needed as my head throbs and I don't really want to be there..

No, they were super nice, and right when my hour hit- Boom! Take some blood and I'm heading to McDonald's for the BIGGEST cup of water they can give me and a 6piece nugget with honey sauce! Oh I love simple things that make you feel better.

So there is yet another thing you have to look forward to one day... :) Hopefully you'll be like me and not like the other women who can't hold it down. They're the ones who need the 'poor thing' look.

Happy Wednesday to all of you!! Check my blog later tonight/tomorrow morning for another surprise I'm so excited for!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

WOW!! Thanks for the advice. :/ I'll have to remember that (for someday)!

Amber said...

That doesn't sound pleasant - but glad you made it through! :)

Just Dating...

Just Dating...

Engagement Weekend

Engagement Weekend
The night before he proposed in Kansas City, what an AWESOME weekend!

Engagement Picture

Engagement Picture
This is the picture we sent out on our wedding announcements. :)

Another Engagement Picture

Another Engagement Picture
This is actually one of Buck's faves!

Giggles...

Giggles...
This picture makes me all warm and fuzzy inside! And yes, we are in a phone booth! :)

The Day Before Our Wedding!

The Day Before Our Wedding!

Newlyweds!!

Newlyweds!!
I love this picture, because it was the first right after we got married, you can see how happy we were...

Manti Temple

Manti Temple
Here is where we were able to get married. I had my heels off at this point, so our true heights are showing- hill or not; I'm short!

My Wedding Gift to Buck...

My Wedding Gift to Buck...
Our first day married...My horse was ironically named Gator! :) And yes, I know it's disgusting we match... But I love it.

Two Days Married!

Two Days Married!
You can't look at this picture and NOT laugh... can you?

Big Chair!

Big Chair!
Here we are at Bishop's Castle- now THIS is a LoVeSeaT!

AH!!

AH!!
SO excited to be MARRIED!