Sunday, October 3, 2010

Learning a bit about 'me'...

Hello Lovelies! :)

It's Sunday, and my Sundays are always very bittersweet.. It's usually a day off I enjoy with the husby; going to church, eating and napping in the recliner. Sundays seem too short, and I sometimes find myself dreading Mondays because I just want more time at home- to myself and time with him. Then I feel torn because I truly love my job, and it's not like I have anything to truly dread.

Today is even more bittersweet. I took Friday, Saturday and today off work to rejuvenate, de-stress and re-center. I've slept in every day, taken the time to get ready (getting pretty really does make you feel sooo good!), gotten things done I haven't had time for in the past three months since moving here (like detailing my car, deep cleaning the apartment), I've hung out with a couple friends, and ran around looking for a new desk, found some steals at Hobby Lobby, watched all four sessions of General Conference and took naps. Notice anything missing?

My husband, Buck.

All stinkin weekend. Darn ICU scheduled him all this weekend, so my weekend turned out to be more for me than us, which I think is okay. I needed time for 'me'.
The only bittersweet part is I head back to work tomorrow, and he's off. ;)

Overall, I do feel better. I feel less stressed (tmi or not- my acne I blamed on pregnancy has already started to fade.. yay!), I feel rested, and I feel cleansed.

Per usual, General Conference was amazing. Two things stuck out to me, one comment by Richard G Scott "May the Holy Ghost always lead you to make choices that fortify your character and lead to much happiness" and one by President Monson, somewhat along the lines of '... but know even in these toughest of times we are still very blessed just for living in the light of our Savior Jesus Christ' (totally paraphrased the last one.. but it's what what stuck out to me.)

Totally different perspective on my life at this point. My struggles are blessings, meant to help make me into a stronger person, and I should be thanking the Holy Ghost for giving me opportunities to chose, even if I'm just continually chosing the same thing. And, two, I should be more thankful for all the blessings I have in my life. If I paid more attention to those, then maybe my struggles would fall to the shadows. Worth a shot!

Although I could use another day, minimum, I wouldn't trade this weekend for anything. :) How was your weekend?

I also just made these to surprise my husband after his long weekend! :)

Recipe Courtesy of Southern in the City I used white chocolate swirls Hershey's kisses instead- yum!!

Happy Monday ahead!!

1 comments:

Lacey said...

I love weekends when I get to relax, recharge and get things done I don't have time during the week!
I'm glad you tried the cookies! Yours look so yummy- white chocolate hershey swirls sound delicious!!

Just Dating...

Just Dating...

Engagement Weekend

Engagement Weekend
The night before he proposed in Kansas City, what an AWESOME weekend!

Engagement Picture

Engagement Picture
This is the picture we sent out on our wedding announcements. :)

Another Engagement Picture

Another Engagement Picture
This is actually one of Buck's faves!

Giggles...

Giggles...
This picture makes me all warm and fuzzy inside! And yes, we are in a phone booth! :)

The Day Before Our Wedding!

The Day Before Our Wedding!

Newlyweds!!

Newlyweds!!
I love this picture, because it was the first right after we got married, you can see how happy we were...

Manti Temple

Manti Temple
Here is where we were able to get married. I had my heels off at this point, so our true heights are showing- hill or not; I'm short!

My Wedding Gift to Buck...

My Wedding Gift to Buck...
Our first day married...My horse was ironically named Gator! :) And yes, I know it's disgusting we match... But I love it.

Two Days Married!

Two Days Married!
You can't look at this picture and NOT laugh... can you?

Big Chair!

Big Chair!
Here we are at Bishop's Castle- now THIS is a LoVeSeaT!

AH!!

AH!!
SO excited to be MARRIED!