Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Why I should NOT be blogging right now...

I was reading over at Jenni's Story of my Life- the blog and she posted a top 10 of thing she should be doing other than blogging.

I'd like to join in, but I don't have 10.

Instead- I have 1 BIG one.

Involving this:

If you haven't been there- that is the Denver Airport. One of my favorites to fly- BUT NOT TODAY.

I'm supposed to be on a plane RIGHT NOW from Denver to Omaha.
Key word- supposed.

I had a flight out of our in town airport at 8:41AM this morning- but was I on it heading to Denver to catch my connection to Omaha for Managers' Meetings?

No.

They overbooked my flight, and I got BUMPED to the 3:49PM flight. Not okay, buddy.
So instead of waiting almost 7 hours to fly out, and not get into Omaha till 10PM (which by the way- Meetings start at 5 (dinner at least)- I chose to drive an HOUR AND A HALF to the next airport to catch a flight at 1:13PM, connecting and putting me in Omaha at 6:13PM.

I would have rather been IN Omaha at my original arrival time of 12:35PM, but 6 is better than 10 I guess.

So here I am. Sitting in an airport- blogging- because I'm supposed to be on a plane.

Gripe! lol- I'm over it and starting to find a little humor in it. However, sad I didn't get 5 hours to burn and hang out with Krista before meetings. Win some, lose one.

Has this ever happened to any of you? I've NEVER had trouble flying.. but there's a first for everything I suppose. :)

Happy Tuesday to all of you NOT stuck in an airport!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Ugggh that SUCKS girl, I'm so sorry that happened to you!! If it makes you feel any better, one time I was on a military cargo flight and a hatch popped off the top in midair and the plane experienced an explosive decompression and a flight attendant got sucked up then dropped from where the hatch opened and basically it felt like we were crashing and I thought I was for sure gonna die but I actually only ended up with a perforated eardrum and TRAUMATIZED FOR LIFE.

Things could always be worse! :)

Torrie said...

There's a slim chance this runs in the family. Every time I fly anywhere with Eric (and even when he's on his own), there are some problems. The worst was when we went to New York City for my birthday last year over Christmas break. On the flight home, we started at La Guardia in NYC on Christmas Eve, then flew to Memphis (spent the night in a hotel), then to Chicago, then to Minneapolis (where we spent the night on the floor-Christmas night), then to Atlanta, and finally to Tulsa, the day after Christmas. It took 47 hours for us to get home. Insane. Needless to say, our luggage was not there when we arrived. Hope your trip works out more smoothly.

aLiCia* said...

hope you had a safe flight! i hate flying because I always have to wait and I hate waiting lol

Just Dating...

Just Dating...

Engagement Weekend

Engagement Weekend
The night before he proposed in Kansas City, what an AWESOME weekend!

Engagement Picture

Engagement Picture
This is the picture we sent out on our wedding announcements. :)

Another Engagement Picture

Another Engagement Picture
This is actually one of Buck's faves!

Giggles...

Giggles...
This picture makes me all warm and fuzzy inside! And yes, we are in a phone booth! :)

The Day Before Our Wedding!

The Day Before Our Wedding!

Newlyweds!!

Newlyweds!!
I love this picture, because it was the first right after we got married, you can see how happy we were...

Manti Temple

Manti Temple
Here is where we were able to get married. I had my heels off at this point, so our true heights are showing- hill or not; I'm short!

My Wedding Gift to Buck...

My Wedding Gift to Buck...
Our first day married...My horse was ironically named Gator! :) And yes, I know it's disgusting we match... But I love it.

Two Days Married!

Two Days Married!
You can't look at this picture and NOT laugh... can you?

Big Chair!

Big Chair!
Here we are at Bishop's Castle- now THIS is a LoVeSeaT!

AH!!

AH!!
SO excited to be MARRIED!