Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Baked Potato Soup!

Hi again Blog Friends! As promised, here is my recipe for yum yum yummy baked potato soup! DEFINITE crowd pleaser, and in my opinion is a GREAT option for the perfect baked potato made into soup form!

*Serves 8 Plus leftovers!*

Ingredients:
5 lbs potatoes, cubed/chunked
1 package of bacon, cubed
1 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 16oz chicken broth
2 8oz packages cream cheese,

Directions

After cube-ing the potatoes and bacon, dump everything into the crock pot. I eyed the black pepper and salt- it's the only thing I don't measure, and the bacon is okay uncooked in the crock pot as long as your temps get high enough. ;)
Cook on High for 3 hours, or Low for 6 Hours. Stir more occasionally if you do it on High..

*Another variation for creamier soup is to put the potatoes into a blender before putting them into the crock pot. Your choice!



We love to garnish with crumbled bacon, green onion or chives,cheddar cheese and sour cream!!

Mmm Hmm! Hope you get to try it, and like it! :)

Happy Wednesday! Hope yours is warmer than mine is about to be!

0 comments:

Just Dating...

Just Dating...

Engagement Weekend

Engagement Weekend
The night before he proposed in Kansas City, what an AWESOME weekend!

Engagement Picture

Engagement Picture
This is the picture we sent out on our wedding announcements. :)

Another Engagement Picture

Another Engagement Picture
This is actually one of Buck's faves!

Giggles...

Giggles...
This picture makes me all warm and fuzzy inside! And yes, we are in a phone booth! :)

The Day Before Our Wedding!

The Day Before Our Wedding!

Newlyweds!!

Newlyweds!!
I love this picture, because it was the first right after we got married, you can see how happy we were...

Manti Temple

Manti Temple
Here is where we were able to get married. I had my heels off at this point, so our true heights are showing- hill or not; I'm short!

My Wedding Gift to Buck...

My Wedding Gift to Buck...
Our first day married...My horse was ironically named Gator! :) And yes, I know it's disgusting we match... But I love it.

Two Days Married!

Two Days Married!
You can't look at this picture and NOT laugh... can you?

Big Chair!

Big Chair!
Here we are at Bishop's Castle- now THIS is a LoVeSeaT!

AH!!

AH!!
SO excited to be MARRIED!