Sunday, November 21, 2010

Great New Discovery!

It's so simple... BUT I have discovered something that makes my cooking life amazing.

I have always LOVED crock pots. Loved the simplicity, and the ease.. Any meal I can crock pot versus baking, grilling, whatever-ing I will totally do it.

This pretty lil model from Hamilton Beach is definitely my friend. We're tight.

Since the move to NoDak, I've actually been in the mood for soups. But I am SUPER picky with soups... I don't like runny soups. It has to be thick in texture, and often times if I can add some garnish like sour cream to thicken it up- I totally will.

Last week I made a FABULOUS baked potato soup.. I'll post my recipe later, but it was a HIT. And this is where the discovery was made.
So stinkin simple!!

This

turns my already good Mexican Soup (toot toot) into

an almost exact replica of On The Border's Enchilada Soup.

*all pictures from their makers: Hamilton Beach, Wal-Mart, On the Border)


I have been trying to replicate it for YEARS!! And FLOUR was the secret?! ?!Que Paso!? *happy sigh*

Oh I love simple discoveries, and am delighting in the fact that flour=thicker soup. :) Happy Sunday all!



My next two posts will be the recipe for Mexican soup and Baked Potato Soup. :) Stay tuned!

1 comments:

Kassie said...

I love crock pots! I just started cooking with them and they are a DREAM.

Just Dating...

Just Dating...

Engagement Weekend

Engagement Weekend
The night before he proposed in Kansas City, what an AWESOME weekend!

Engagement Picture

Engagement Picture
This is the picture we sent out on our wedding announcements. :)

Another Engagement Picture

Another Engagement Picture
This is actually one of Buck's faves!

Giggles...

Giggles...
This picture makes me all warm and fuzzy inside! And yes, we are in a phone booth! :)

The Day Before Our Wedding!

The Day Before Our Wedding!

Newlyweds!!

Newlyweds!!
I love this picture, because it was the first right after we got married, you can see how happy we were...

Manti Temple

Manti Temple
Here is where we were able to get married. I had my heels off at this point, so our true heights are showing- hill or not; I'm short!

My Wedding Gift to Buck...

My Wedding Gift to Buck...
Our first day married...My horse was ironically named Gator! :) And yes, I know it's disgusting we match... But I love it.

Two Days Married!

Two Days Married!
You can't look at this picture and NOT laugh... can you?

Big Chair!

Big Chair!
Here we are at Bishop's Castle- now THIS is a LoVeSeaT!

AH!!

AH!!
SO excited to be MARRIED!