Thursday, November 18, 2010

I wish...

I wish I had my energy back.

This is what I used to feel like- and what my mind is saying BRING BACK!!!

Gosh, I'd give anything to be able to do that again.

Don't get me wrong, I've had a fairly easy pregnancy... morning sickness was light-and I could tackle it like a tying a shoe, I haven't had the swelling in my feet or ankles that make it unbearable (and I'm on my feet all day- I would so notice), I have had weight gain in my legs (but that's another story! And I can still fit in my pre-pregnancy pants).. I'm lucky, and I know it.

However- losing my energy has been like a slap to the face.

Every.Day.

So, because I am a notorious list-maker. I'm going to make a list of things that I will be doing to get my energy back- even if it is just mental/verbal energy!
I will be:
1) Starting the day well-rested. And forbidding thoughts of "Ugh, I just want to stay in bed.." "Ugh, so early..." "Ugh... so comfortable..." from popping into my head.
2) I will take the time to eat a good breakfast.. not one that I'm just eating because I know I need calories and sustenance for me and baby. (Pop-tarts and nutritional shakes can serve as snacks not meals from here on out...)
3) I will dance! In college, I had my laptop hooked up to speakers on my desk, and every morning while I got ready I put on a fun playlist and got my groove and voice on.. and got pumped up (even before the 'less-interesting' classes.) I'm bringin it back. :)
4) I will say my prayers twice daily, and THEN as needed; I need to get really good again with God, not just good.
5) I will be repeating Tuesday Nights of pampering at least 3 days a week! And Buck has agreed to continue his end with the massages (killer foot rub then, killer neck/back rub today.. Oh yes, it's staying) and sweet treats.
6) When I find myself feeling not so energetic- I will find something to laugh about!

Generally, it's not that hard to have energy outside of pregnancy- you're in your niche, you know yourself and by george! Life is good! However, with something taking over your body, you have to readjust- and I guess that's part of the preparation for motherhood- it's not just about you anymore. I have to share everything, including my energy.

So baby girl, I'm diggin deep- and getting us some more energy! Let's share, what do you say? ;)

Tomorrow is FRIDAY blog friends!! :) Happy Pre-Weekend!!

1 comments:

aLiCia* said...

Happy Pre-Weekend to you too!!! Good luck with your list. Hopefully the holidays will re-engerize you even though you work retail. The Christmas cheer does people good :)

Just Dating...

Just Dating...

Engagement Weekend

Engagement Weekend
The night before he proposed in Kansas City, what an AWESOME weekend!

Engagement Picture

Engagement Picture
This is the picture we sent out on our wedding announcements. :)

Another Engagement Picture

Another Engagement Picture
This is actually one of Buck's faves!

Giggles...

Giggles...
This picture makes me all warm and fuzzy inside! And yes, we are in a phone booth! :)

The Day Before Our Wedding!

The Day Before Our Wedding!

Newlyweds!!

Newlyweds!!
I love this picture, because it was the first right after we got married, you can see how happy we were...

Manti Temple

Manti Temple
Here is where we were able to get married. I had my heels off at this point, so our true heights are showing- hill or not; I'm short!

My Wedding Gift to Buck...

My Wedding Gift to Buck...
Our first day married...My horse was ironically named Gator! :) And yes, I know it's disgusting we match... But I love it.

Two Days Married!

Two Days Married!
You can't look at this picture and NOT laugh... can you?

Big Chair!

Big Chair!
Here we are at Bishop's Castle- now THIS is a LoVeSeaT!

AH!!

AH!!
SO excited to be MARRIED!